Our humble beginning was in January in interim classroom trailers on the North Shore. Later moved to Kapa'a, the fellowship met in Kapaa Middle School for many years. The heart of the church has been sharing the good news and being the hands and feet of Christ, living genuine Christian ohana and hospitality. Almost every year Ohana Christian Fellowship has hosted the "Day of Hope" and "Day of Thanksgiving" at the Kapa'a Beach Park for the community. On July 1, 2020 we moved into our first facility with BIG Dreams and excitement as to what God has in store for OCF and great gratitude for all of our blessings.
The staff and leadership here at Ohana Christian Fellowship is comprised of men and women who love, care and pray for every single person in the church. If you have any questions for any of our staff, feel free to reach out and email them or call our church office to speak with them. You can contact the church office at email@example.com or 808-378-4804.
Greg grew up in North Carolina, where he worked in the business world for fifteen years during which he received a call as a Pastor. After attending seminary, Greg pastored a church in NC, spent time on the mission field and followed his calling to Kauai. Greg is active in the community, Hospice, prison and jail ministry.
Benny was born on the Island of Oahu, a Waianae boy. Right after graduation, Benny moved to Kauai and committed his life to our Lord Jesus in 1981. Benny has been a faithful servant as our Worship Leader, Men's Ministries, and our Community Homeless Ministry.
Gabriel is a local boy from Hawaii. Although growing up a “Military Brat”, he was blessed to spend his childhood being raised with family, on the islands of Oahu and Kauai. After graduating high school, Gabe pursued a career in sales and management. After becoming a believer in the Summer of 2021, He absolutely fell in love with the Word of God. In the Winter of 2021, the Holy Spirit, led Gabe to pursue his Certificate in Biblical Studies at the Bible Institute of Hawaii.
Patty is a local girl from Kapaa, Kauai, severed as Admin for Ohana from when Ohana first formed in 1989. Patty has also been a dedicated Sunday School Teacher, Prayer partner, Women's Ministry Core Team and part of the Worship Team.
Dani, a wife for 30 years with 2 children and 2 beautiful granddaughters, was born and raised here on the island of Kauai, She has been a dedicated employee at Wyndham for 25 years as the Hawaii Regional Controller. She is also a faithful servant of Jesus Christ her Lord and she is honored to have served OCF for the past 20 years in our Finance Department, as well as a faithful Sunday School teacher.
Brenda originally from Kansas City lives in Kapaa and previously served in a Police Department - evidence division for 29 years. Brenda has served the island assisting in food delivery.
Lisa married to Pastor Greg for 27 years on which they have two beautiful daughters followed their calling to Kauai back in 2015. Lisa Loves the Lord and loves working with children. She is currently a Principal at Olelo Christian Academy in Lihue and the Director and dedicated teacher to the Keiki of Ohana. Lisa is also part of our Women's Ministry Core Team.
Betty raised in Kailua, Oahu, began her work at Castle Memorial Hospital as a nurses aide, Moved to Kauai in 1970 and became a Ward Secretary at Wilcox Memorial Hospital. Later she became a health nurse at Kauai Community College, then at Kauai High School. Betty has always had a heart for the sick and hurting in the communities around her. She is now a faithful prayer warrior, nursing the sick and hurting through prayer. She is also a greeter and part of the Women's Ministries Core Team.
Christina, a Kauai raised girl in Kapaa, has passion for anyone hurting in the community and around the world. She faithfully collects items for Operation Christmas Child and Angel giving. She has been involved in Prison Ministries for 10 plus years. Christina is also Co-founder of Mary and Martha Ministries.
As an EFCA church, OCF proudly shares the gospel. As a fellowship of believers we celebrate maturity and freedom. Ohana Christian Fellowship adheres to the EFCA Statement of Faith as noted below:
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teachers, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The Human Condition
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God's saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus--Israel's promised Messiah-was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and advocate.
The Work of Christ
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constituted the only ground for salvation.
The Holy Spirit
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
7. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord's Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believers.
8. We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God's Word, the Spirit's power, and fervent prayer in Christ's name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ's commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
9. We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Response and Eternal Destiny
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen.